Friday, August 19, 2011

Yay, we did it!

Week One is in the books!  I'm so proud of every one of my students' behavior and participation during the first week.  We are off to a really great start!  Next week, we will start working on reading strategies and parts of the story, and we will start taking trips to the library.  Parents, I hope you find time to talk to your student about what he or she is reading.  I've had a lot of them checking books out of my classroom library already, and that is wonderful!  The most important tool students can develop in middle school is an enjoyment of reading.  I'm reading with the kids this year for my own enjoyment, and it would be great if you could read along as well.  If you have any questions about books, please email me at school.  Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment